Love in the Margins aims to be a safe discussion space without needing to swing a banhammer. Consider the following as a how-to guide for participating in the conversation without putting your foot in your mouth in front of god and everyone.
- Profanity is fine and dandy, but oppressive language is not.
- If you feel compelled to argue that “It’s only fiction!” and that we’re making a mountain out of a molehill, don’t.
- Any comments where the underlying argument can be described by a Derailing for Dummies entry will be soundly mocked.
- This is a blog, not a bakery. Anyone looking for cookies will go home with an empty stomach.
- We’re just a bunch of fans discussing books as a hobby. Not only are we discussing books and not the authors who wrote them, we don’t have the clout to ruin anyone’s career. White knighting for your favorite author is unnecessary.